Please note: VR is an experimental feature with limited capabilities. We look to expand our VR support in the future.
Before you get started in VR, please ensure that you meet the following prerequisites.
- High-end PC/Laptop or one oriented for gaming (relatively new standalone graphics card/GPU)
- Oculus Quest 1 or 2
- Note that the Oculus Quest 1 requires a PC link cable (Quests should come with one, but you may want to invest in either Oculus’ proprietary cable or a standard USB 3.0 - USB-C cable). Virbela Tech Support recommends this method above others.
- The Quest 2’s Air Link mode is also available for free with the most recent update to the Quest 2 system, as well as the Virtual Desktop application, purchasable from the Quest Store for $10.
- Oculus Rift, Oculus Rift S
- HTC Vive (includes variants like HTC Vive Pre, HTC Vive Pro, etc)
- Vive Cosmos
- Valve Index
- Windows Mixed Reality family of headsets (such as the original HP Reverb, Samsung Odyssey, etc)
- Except for the new HP Reverb G2, all Windows MR headsets use the exact same controllers. The G2 has not been tested with Virbela yet and likely needs work - until then there is no official support for the Reverb G2.