The following are new or revised features and functionality that have been implemented as of December 7th, 2022. Note that as these are applied to the Virbela dashboard website, no update is required to your private campus for them to take effect!
Improvements to the attendance report in app.virbela
The attendance report aggregates user data, making it difficult to know when a user was in a room.
Consider this scenario - user JDoe visits Room ABC during these times on 01 January:
- Enters the room at 8:00 AM and leaves at 9:00 AM, the user talks for 30 minutes
- Returns to the room at 10:00 AM and leaves at 11:00 AM, the user talks for 20 minutes
- Returns to the room at 1:00 PM and leaves at 2:00 PM, the user talks for 10 minutes
Before this update, if a user searched to see what users were in Room ABC on 01 January, they would see the following:
While the data is correct, administrators cannot determine when exactly a user was in a room. They would know the user spent 3 hours in the room after 8 AM today, but there is no way to see if that user was in the room for three hours straight or accessed the room during different times.
This update changes how the data is displayed, so it is easier to determine when a user is in the room.
Now administrators can determine precisely when the user was in the room. Note the change in column headers; the headers now show leave time in addition to join time.
The data range will return any users in the room during the indicated time frame.
In other words, consider the following users (a different scenario than above):
- User A joined the room at 2:00 PM and left the room at 4:00 PM
- User B joined the room at 2:45 PM and left the room at 3:15 PM
- User C joined the room at 2:00 PM and left the room at 3:00 PM
- User D joined the room at 3:00 PM and left the room at 4:00 PM
- User E joined the room at 1:00 PM and left the room at 1:30 PM
- User F joined the room at 4:30 PM and left the room at 5:00 PM
If the Start Time = 2:30 PM and the Duration = 1 hour, then the response will show Users A, B, C, and D as they all were in the room for some during the indicated time frame. Users E and F will not appear in the response.
The API uses the following logic:
Start time <= Room Leave Time AND ( Start time + duration ) >= Room Join Time
Allow owners to determine whether or not to update existing user information
When a campus administrator uses the Import Tool in app.virbela.com with an existing user, the administrator will receive a prompt asking whether the system should update the user’s system.
Clicking confirm will overwrite the user’s information but will not send an email.
Clicking cancel will not alter the user’s information. Clicking cancel will also prevent the system from sending an email.